Part 9: Mount Floya (590 m) and Djevelporten
But there were also more moderate sections, where my adrenaline could reach normal levels again.
The view was fantastic at all times!!
summit of mount Floya
(As a token of the scale... Do you find the people in the picture? :) )
I had no idea that the Sea can have this Caribbean-like colour in Norway! :-)
Reaching the summit of Floya wasn't the end point of this hike. It was more of a round trip...
So, I continued the hike on a mountain ridge.
Reaching the famous Djevelporten - a stone block wedged between the mountainsides.
I had nice Norwegian company, who assured me that no-one has ever died on that rock before... :-D So I gathered all the courage I have and climbed on that stone (which didn't look too courageous :-D ) in order to get THAT one picture on Djevelporten (which by itself looks quite courageous :-D ).
Taadaaa!
During the hike, I had a good view to another big sight in Svolvaer, the mountain formation "Svolvaergeita", which is an awesome climbing destination (so I read).
The beach
cold but pretty water :)
Back in Henningsvaer, enjoying my reward and the view.
This hike was absolutely fabulous!! No words can describe the beauty of the trail and the scenery - it doesn't even show on the pictures. I think this has been one of my favourite hikes ever, even though I was thrilled and happy each and every time. :-) But on that day, everything was just right: the weather, the people I met, the food... It also was a pretty tough hike for me, and at times I was super exhausted - but the view made it all worth it. And oh how proud I felt of myself, when I had made it all the way! That feeling... priceless! :-)
After the hike, I rewarded myself with delicious ice cream in Svolvaer (where the hike started) and then stopped by a beach to cool down my poor feet. I have no idea how the children could play in the water, because it was freaking cold! I dipped my toes for only a few seconds - and felt lastingly refreshed... ;-)
I then picked up my boys, who had stayed at home, because it would have been too hot for them (and probably even too much climbing), and then I spoiled myself even more by visiting the surfer's café and having an ice-cold beer and a fish burger with a breathtaking view! We then went on a walk and watched the sun set...
I was so, so happy and pleased and content on that day!!! I am happy even now, when just remembering that day. :-)
First time, I saw a "warning sign" on a trail in Norway. But this hike was indeed a little bit more demanding than the ones before... At times, it was more climbing than hiking, but my long-time-ago climbing lessons came in handy. ;)
Occasionally, it was also very steep, and these chains helped only in the beginning. Later, I just crawled up or down on all fours. :-D
It also gave this extra chill in the beginning of the hike, when I had the local cemetery in view while trying not to suffer from acrophobia... ;-) :-DBut there were also more moderate sections, where my adrenaline could reach normal levels again.
The view was fantastic at all times!!
summit of mount Floya
(As a token of the scale... Do you find the people in the picture? :) )
I had no idea that the Sea can have this Caribbean-like colour in Norway! :-)
Reaching the summit of Floya wasn't the end point of this hike. It was more of a round trip...
So, I continued the hike on a mountain ridge.
This (below) was my favourite view! It was so absolutely stunning in real life!
walking at the edge...Reaching the famous Djevelporten - a stone block wedged between the mountainsides.
I had nice Norwegian company, who assured me that no-one has ever died on that rock before... :-D So I gathered all the courage I have and climbed on that stone (which didn't look too courageous :-D ) in order to get THAT one picture on Djevelporten (which by itself looks quite courageous :-D ).
Taadaaa!
During the hike, I had a good view to another big sight in Svolvaer, the mountain formation "Svolvaergeita", which is an awesome climbing destination (so I read).
The beach
cold but pretty water :)
Back in Henningsvaer, enjoying my reward and the view.
























Wow, genial!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteSuper Fotos und auch ein wenig scary...
lari96
Schön, dass sich noch jemand (tapferes) meine Fotos anschaut! :-)
ReplyDeleteFreut mich ja auch, dass es etwas scary aussieht, weil ich immer den Eindruck habe, dass es auf den Fotos nicht so gut rueberkommt, wie steil es teilwese war.
Danke Dir!! :-)