Thursday, 3 December 2015

Phone Call

Today, I got a phone call at work. That's nothing unusal as such. But it was the mailman, who called! He must have done some research to even figure out my work number...

The reason for his call was that he has a package for me, and he wanted to ask when I will be home so that he can adjust his delivering schedule according to me - just to make sure, that I'll be home when he delivers the package! Otherwise he would need to take the parcel back to the post office, and it may take a few days longer until I can pick it up from there.

How lovely is that?!! Awesome mailman!! :-)

Btw, I had this conversation with him in Finnish. After I hang up, my Greek colleague, who had taken the phone call at first, asked me why I spoke Finnish with him - with her he had spoken perfect English! Hm... People in the countryside (including my landlord) might be on a mission to improve my Finnish skills... Whenever they speak with me, they always pretend they wouldn't speak any English... :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment