Last Part: Levi, Lapland
This is the last part of my Summer vacation. Now that the year 2015 has come to an end, it's time to also stop talking about a Holiday that is long gone... Time to think about new destinations! :-)
In Levi (Pontso), I revisited the art gallery of Reijo Raekallio.
If I'd have the financial resources, I'd buy all his reindeer paintings... ;)
Our time in Levi was mainly about relaxing and recharging. I remember being totally thrilled about being in a 'big' supermarket again, and I bought a lot of food - other than only bread and cheese. :-D
And of course, we went a bit for a walk, too. I enjoyed the vastness, the view over endless forest and the "tunturi". But I must admit that coming from Norway and the mountains, it didn't exactly sweep me of my feet... ;-) It looks pretty similar everywhere in Finland, and I am probably very spoiled when it comes to endless, untouched nature. :)
Charlie is not so tall after all! ;)
Got ya! Santa in his spare time!! :-D
From Levi, we drove via Oulu and Pyhäjoki back home. On the way, I discovered a new beach in Kalajoki, which is actually bigger and prettier than Yyteri (if you ask me).
In Pyhäjoki, we had our last AirBnb accommodation. It was a wooden house with a tower. The owner was very proud of it (for a good reason) and showed me around, explaining the details of the building process. He had thought of every single detail. :-) For me, it is very interesting and impressive that in Finland, there are still so many people, how have actually the resources, skills and the know-how to build their very own house (or more than one) with their own hands according to their own wishes and design. I cannot imagine that you find that in Germany very often anymore...














No comments:
Post a Comment