Thursday, 21 April 2016

Not like in Strömsö....

So far, my moving preparations went really smoothly. I caught myself thinking that everything is surprisingly easy, wondering why I didn't move earlier... ;-)
 
Today, one of the last things on my to-do list had been the yearly inspection (katsastus) of my car. One week ago, I deliberately brought my car for maintenance, having them check everything, so that 1) my car would survive the ride to Bergen (and many more to come) and 2) that I would have my car approved today - the first possible day for this inspection for me, before we leave on Saturday...
 
So what could go possibly wrong? Well, somebody could suck at their job badly... And that's indeed what went wrong, because my car did NOT pass the check-up! Katsastus rejected - just awesome!
 
The inspector told me that a spring in the front of the car was about to break and that there are 2 huge rusty spots that need immediate maintenance. No way, I could drive to Norway with this car...
 
How on earth can you not see that, when checking a car? I mean, I am not a professional, but I imagine it to be something obvious... But there was no time to curse that bloody car maintenance place. I need my car fixed by tomorrow!
 
Luckily, the inspector was very friendly and helpful. He recommanded me to call to many repairing places and to ask, whether they would have time for my immediate car problem - and because I had forgotten my phone at home, he did all the calling for me and ended up explaining me on a map, how I can find the garage that had finally promised to help me (after many rejections)!! :-)
 
Now, I can only cross my finger's that things will work out now! I will bring my car to the garage tomorrow morning and hopefully back to the katsastus, before they call it a weekend...........

 
But not everything sucked today! ;) After only a few minutes walking with my boys, they already made me laugh! ♥
 
Don't ask me how he does it, but Stöpsel's always the dirty one,
while Charlie stays bright-white! :-D
Charlie showing his best site for the camera... :-D
Charlie rediscovering chicken (he had apparently forgotten last year's chicken...).
Charlie being incredibly happy about having discovered chicken!
What looks like showing his teeth, is him smiling at the cock!! ;-D
 
We also visited the vet today, because Charlie and Stöpsel needed to get their "official worm medication", in order to be allowed to travel to Norway (through Sweden). No surprises there, everything went like in Strömsö! :-)
 
Rather impressive that they weigh pretty much the same, right!? ;)
(Since the castration, Charlie is the better eater.)
 And the last but not least good news for today:
Here's the forecast for Bergen next week (when I will have 1 week holiday there)!!!!
(Where's all that promised rain?? ;) )


No comments:

Post a Comment