For the past 2-3 weeks, we've been living under a dome of clouds. Today, we even live right in the middle of a cloud, it feels. This weather really makes you wanna go hibernating early. Not much light (despite the long days) and very humid - and wet of course. It's rather difficult to dress up for this occasion. ;)
But despite these Norwegian summer days, I've had an awesome weekend! I have to show some pictures, once I've had the chance to go through all of them. I went on a hiking tour, and I met some really nice (Norwegian) people. Today, some of them called and asked me, whether I'd like to go for walk with them! :-)
And that tells you two things:
First, Norwegians are great! Very likeable and very, very welcoming. (The fact that I was surprised to hear back from them tells you something about my past years in Finland, I guess... ;-) ).
And second, there is no bad weather! It's only a matter of attitude. We got soaking wet within minutes today, and still it was totally normal to go meet outside for a walk. I like that. Ah, I like Norway. A lot. :-) And I don't think that "a few more" rainy days per year is going to change that. But let's see in the long run... ;)
And all that is to say: The rest of Europe might currently dance in the sunshine, while I am sitting here in mist and rain... but I haven't been this happy in a while! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment