Sunday, 26 June 2016

Recreational Stress

Admittedly, that's not the worst kind of "stress". ;-) The weather has still been so nice - it was difficult for me to stay at home (and do necessary stuff). It just feels like wasting precious Norway time. :) So now I use the rainy-ish Sunday, to quickly show some photos.

One of the rare times that I have been in the city center.

On the way to Gullfjellstoppen (987 m) - the highest mountain in the neighbourhood. :)
It was a really nice hike (as always), even though I reached the top much faster than I had anticipated. It was the first time, I was disappointed reaching the peak. I so wanted to continue climbing! :-D
 The boys love snow as much as I do. :)
 View from the top

On one of our evening walks...

Watching football takes some time, too. :) 

Last weekend, I joined my Polish colleague Ania and her friends on a camping trip.
It was AWESOME. Super fun! I love camping - if only sleeping in a tent wouldn't be that damn uncomfortable. ;)
The boys were in heaven as well! :-D Rarely, they surrounded by so many people, who want to play with them, pet them and who feed them with Polish sausages straight from the grill. They were so very happy. Even Stöpsel lost his shy for strangers. :-)
The location was very beautiful.
 At 22:30.

Finally a break from all this sun! ;)

Midsummer is not as much of a big deal as it is in Finland. But there are bonfires, too! Even though pretty much everyone has their own idea of when Midsummer is. In Bergen, it is always June 23. No matter the day of the week. The boy scouts (I am not exactly sure) build this bonfire out of wooden barrels. Nowadays these barrels are hard to get by, because they are not in use anymore. To me it looked like they have build these barrels just so they can be used for this bonfire. Anyways, it looks pretty! :)
 proud bonfire builder ;)
 Many people came with boats to see the bonfire lit up.
Bravely - supported by heroic background music :-D - the scouts climb the bonfire...
 ... and set in on fire.
 So far, so exciting.
To my disappointment, they didn't allow the hole thing burn down. Instead the firemen were continuously using water to cool down the lower parts of the bonfire, so that it would slowly burn down from the top.... That kind of killed the excitement. ;)
I didn't have the patience to wait for the fire to reach the bottom. Like many others, I left at around 23:30 already. Poor firemen... I don't know how long they had to stand there "cooling the fire". Or then maybe I should have been more patient, and they gave the fire more room a little later. I will never know... ;)

Meanwhile in Ålesund: :-D

They built the world's biggest bonfire - 47,4 m high. And they let the hole thing catch fire! There was even a live broadcast showing the event.
P.S. I have a colleague from Ålesund... That's why I know about it. :-D


Aahh!! And what is this? Rats in the new apartment???
Nope! ;) Just feeding Ania's rats while she was on a short Holiday. :)
Very cute little rodents!
At first, they didn't trust me too much, but then I bribed them with cheese, and I think we bonded. :-D
I brought the dog's toy rat. :)
Rats were not convinced by it's looks...

No comments:

Post a Comment