Is there any other dogs out there that keep testing their lively limits? Or is it just mine?
This morning, Stöpsel was so excited about the snow that had fallen at night that he wanted to crazy-run on a field next to the path. Only he didn't take into account that there was a big metallic fence between him and the field! With full speed I saw him jump directly into the fence. His head got stuck between the poles, his legs were struggling up in the air. Just like in a roadrunner cartoon...
Luckily, it didn't last for very long, and he could free himself shortly afterwards! And even more luckily so, his eye was unharmed, while he has scratches all around it!
But, boy, oh boy of mine.... How many times can you be the lucky one?
And Charlie? He fights demons of his own. When I was on holiday, the boys had to stay in a dog hotel for 2 days, before they could be with beloved friends of mine. Charlie was the one, who dealt much better with my absence, while Stöpsel was said to have been very shy and insecure.
But now, back home again, Stöpsel is his old self (see above ;) ). But Charlie started to act a little weird... I first couldn't put my finger on it, but now I seem to understand: whenever he gets the impression that I might leave, he starts to panic. He trembles with fear, hyperventilates, tries to find a hiding place, tries to stay close to me, doesn't want to play, doesn't want to eat, ... And when we come back from a walk, he doesn't want to go back in the apartment. ;-( It's so sad to see.
I think he has developed some sort of separation anxiety. At least I don't have any other explanation. And it is weird, because he truly loves my friends, he was feeling very much at home at their place, and he didn't show any signs of discomfort while being with them! Only now that he is back with me... :-(
I sometimes wish I could talk some sense into them. Both of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment