Sunday, 29 January 2017

Enjoy winter while it lasts!

Within a week, I had these two sceneries:


When I came back to Norway, winter welcomed me nicely! Even in Bergen, we had some snow! And sunshine! And only a 40min-drive away, in Eikedalen, there was even more snow. I went there skiing with friends - that's how I noticed that it must have been a while since I last stood on skies... I had almost forgotten how it's done.

 Stöpsel... always looking for something to hunt...
 It was a little cold up there... :)
 Love! :-)
 find the waterfall from the pic below ;)
 On the way back to Bergen... with the usual traffic at this time of the week.

But this superb weather didn't last very long. A few days later, snow was gone and rain was back in Bergen. But hahaaa! I now knew where to find winter! Just outside of Bergen!! So the following weekend, I drove 1,5 h away from Bergen - just to make sure... But unfortunately, winter had withdrawn itself also from there and had left nothing but snow slush. But it wouldn't be Norway, if it wouldn't look beautiful nonetheless... ;-)

 At Bordalsgjelet, near Voss.
 This has been on my weekend destination list for quite a while now.
Too bad, it is not very big/long... We had to actually go for a walk elsewhere, because this gorge is really, really short...

This weekend, I didn't even try to escape the rain. I stayed in Bergen! ;-) And while I was here, I signed myself up for a new hobby! Crossfit. That was quite ambitious, because currently I am very happy that my arms can rest on the desk while writing this... I can't lift them very much anymore. :-D But it was fun. And I have to say it again... Norwegians are a lot more welcoming than Finns! For many years, I did many sports courses at the University of Turku. I knew all the people's faces. But it took months until a few people nodded in my direction as a greeting and an acknowledgment that they had seen me before... When I stepped into that Crossfit hall yesterday, it took exactly 2 minutes and a guy came to talk to me. And no, he wasn't the trainer - which is what I thought he must be, because why else would he come chat with me, right!? :-D Gosh, Finland has damaged my social skills a little... ;-) Or then I just blame it all on Finland. I can't tell anymore. :-D
Anyways, it was nice to try something new, meet new people - and then sell my soul right away. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment